Laneige Water Bank Serum

by - Sunday, March 01, 2015


Laneige products were something that I've always wanted to get my hands on and try. When I went to Korea last summer, I wanted to get some of their products at the duty free stores, but ended up getting distracted by all the colorful packaging of other items instead... After I returned home, I immediately felt regretful as I was unpacking my items.

A few months later, I was walking around at Target and saw a section with a bunch of Laneige items. I thought I was dreaming. I got super excited, of course, and had to purchase something from the line. I was also in the market for a new serum at the time since my Lancome one had run out so I grabbed the Water Bank Serum to try.

I'm almost at the end of the bottle now so I thought I'd write a review on this. A little background info, I have combination skin (oily T-zone and dry everywhere else) Dry skin has always been an issue of mine, especially at the corners or my mouth and around my nose area. 



I loooove the packaging of this. The gradient and blue color makes it look very luxurious and highend. I forgot the price of this, but I think it was about $35? Which is actually not bad if you compare it to other serums at Sephora. My Lancome one was about $100 so this was definitely a good price range for me. It's a good price to start with if you're just getting into adding serums to your daily routine.


The pump works really well compared a few other pumps I've had with my skincare products before. There's actually quite a bit of force that pushes it out so it doesn't ooze out of the bottle. Definitely helps keep the nozzle clean! 1 pump is plenty enough for my face.


The serum comes out in a gel/semi-watery consistency. It's not as liquidy as most serums are. I'd say this is similar to a gel moisturizer. 


The product absorbs into my skin almost instantly and makes it super soft and hydrated. It feels so good after taking a nice shower. After using this for about 4-5 months, I think it has made my skin a little more hydrated. Some of the spots around my nose that used to get really dry has diminished a lot as well. There are still some dry spots though, like at the tip of my nose and on the right side of my nose, but everywhere else is fine now. (This is when I don't have the serum on my face) The sides of my mouth have also been less prone to having dry spots. 

I'm actually quite sad that I'm about to run out of this. I'm most likely going to repurchase this if I don't find another one to replace it. The price definitely makes it hard to beat since I do not want to spend another $100 at Sephora to buy a serum when I've already found one that works very well with my skin. They also have a moisturizer version as well so I might pick up both since my daytime moisturizer is pretty much done as well. 

 Price: ♥♥♥♥
Blending Easiness: ♥♥♥♥
Absorption Speed: ♥♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♥

Thanks for reading!
Angela

You May Also Like

0 comments