Yelp Adventures: Bangkok Garden Thai Restaurant

by - Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lately I've been really into trying different restaurants in the area. This place is called Bangkok Garden Thai Restaurant. It's located in Hackensack, NJ. My mom was craving Thai/Malaysian food, so we decided to look around for a restaurant. I came across this one, which has a 4 star rating, so we decided to give it a try.

There was plenty of street parking and I believe there's a parking lot in the back (there were customers coming in front the back) The first thing I noticed was how many people were in there! The street was pretty quiet, so I was surprised that there were this many people in the restaurant. The wait wasn't too long. We waited about 20 mins or so. However, while we were waiting, I noticed how slow the service was. One table sat down before us waited about 10 minutes before getting water. That made us worry a bit about how long it would take for the food to come.

Fortunately, we sat down around 8pm so the main wave of customers was over. It took a while for the waiter to come over and take our order. Probably around 10 minutes or so. I got a Thai Iced Tea to start. It was pretty good. It did taste a little differently than other Thai restaurants I've been to.

Thai Iced Tea
I personally thought the Seafood Nugget was good! It was a bit on the pricey side though. My parents weren't too fond of it though. I think the crispy outside was really good. :) I have a thing for crispy foods. The 'nugget' title was a good choice. The texture was similar to McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. haha.
Bangkok Seafood Nugget
The Satae, I was definitely not a fan of. I found the meat to be mediocre compared to all the other satays I've had. It didn't help that by the time it came to our table, it was already cold. This was definitely a disappointment for me. 
Beef Thai Satae
The Pa-nang was really good! It was a bit on the spicier side for me so I ended up getting it to go and mixing water with it at home. Unfortunately when they packed it, they didn't give me the whole thing for some reason... they threw away a lot of the sauce and gave me all the beef instead, which wasn't as good to me.
Pa-nang with Beef

Overall, this place is on the border of hit or miss. I probably won't be revisiting again though since nothing really "wowed" me. 


Thanks for reading,
Angela

You May Also Like

0 comments