Etude House Sugar Balm Tints in #7 & #8

by - Sunday, September 13, 2015


Hello! I'm back with another Etude House review. I believe this is the first lip product review on this blog... which is extremely hard to believe considering lip products alone consume at least 30% of my entire makeup collection. 

I picked this up a few months back when I wanted to purchase new cushion foundations from Etude House since I needed refills. When I purchased these, they were $8 each. I guess Etude House has since raised their prices as it's now $10.40 on their website.


The packaging is adorable, as always with Etude House products. Everything always feels so princessy. 

This one is in the color #7 PP501


and this one is #8 RD303. This one was deceiving to me...


Look at #8 compared to the packaging! Although it did build up more in color after I put two coats, like in the 2nd picture below. Nonetheless, the color payoff was great for a lip balm type of product.

One Coat

As it is a balm, this is a very moisturizing product. It makes your lips super soft and kind of gives off the effect like you're wearing lip gloss, which is nice. 

Two Coats || Smudge Test
Pictured above is a Smudge Test that I did. I waited about 15 mins before smudging it to see if it would move. Unfortunately, the product did move quite a lot. However, you can see that it did leave a tint behind as well. It's a tad bit faint if you look at it on your lips as your lips are already pink. But I don't really expect much from a lip balm. This is where #8 outdoes #7 for me as my lips are naturally a bit dark. #8's tint is more obvious on my lips after a few hours. 

Unfortunately, most of it smeared off while I was drinking coffee in the morning at work so I was left with just the tint layer after about an hour into my day. 

I'm not the type that goes to retouch my makeup throughout the day if I can help it. Lipsticks are definitely not on my touch up list ever so once it's gone, It's gone for me. For the price at $8, it's an okay price if you want a natural looking tint. However, for $10.40, I personally think that's a little steep.

Price: ♥♥ (based on current price point)
Stay Power: ♥
Hydration: 
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♥
(Ratings are out of 5)

Angela

You May Also Like

0 comments