Etude House Play 101 Pencils

by - Thursday, January 29, 2015

Etude House - Play 101 Pencils


How many ways can you use a pencil liner? Normally, you only use them to line your eyes, right? Etude House has managed to release their Play 101 Pencils that are designed for multi-use! Depending on the color, you can use them for eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip liner, blush, highlighter or concealer. The colors are ample and as always, so gorgeous, but how well do they last?


This is what the pencils themselves look like. I love the design and its twist function to reveal more eyeliner. I have a strong dislike for pencil liners that require sharpening since it wastes more product and you have to deal with the mess it makes. Big thumbs up to Etude House for the packaging!


Time to get on to the colors! I initially only purchased #25 and #42 when I went to Korea in May. After I returned home, I tried them and was obsessed. Luckily for me, Etude House was having a free shipping event recently so I immediately jumped on that and purchased a bunch of their Play 101 pencils. I hope to have their entire collection one day. haha. 

Swatches are available after the pictures.














Here's the swatches! Aren't the colors so pretty?! 


Smudge Test: I waited about 10 mins before I smudged it. The colors with the glossy finish smudged very easily. These are perfect as a lip color as it provides a smooth finish and its easy to blend. Only downside is that you will have to reapply after you eat.


Water Resistant Test: This is the result after running it in warm water and rubbing a few times. Seems that #11, 13, 16, 42 and 59 did the best at staying put!


Price: ♥♥♥♥
Blending Easiness: ♥♥♥♥
Long Lasting: ♥  (depending on type of pencil) 
Pigmentation: ♥♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♥

Thanks for reading,
Angela

You May Also Like

0 comments